Total historic hard rock gold production from Walhalla of 1,510,309 ounces at a recovered grade of 33.59 g/t Au.
Dozens of high-priority exploration targets including former mines most with no modern drilling or exploration.
Faulted dyke structures have the same age of mineralization as Fosterville and elsewhere in the Melbourne zone.
|Exploration Licence||Area km2||Hardrock Prospects||Historical Producers||Recorded Au (oz)||Total Ore (t)||Au g/t||Total Drill holes in EL|
|Cooper’s Creek||8||0||1||Former copper & PGE mine||52 for 3550m|
- The Walhalla license application includes the Cohen’s Reef with a past production of 1,479,851 oz from 1,429,298 tonnes at an average grade of 32.2 g/t Au (GeoVic, 2020).
- The production at Cohen’s Reef came from a single mineralized shoot mined to 1120m depth.
- Mineralization was controlled by the steeply west dipping Cohen’s Shear zone, which was reactivated during gold mineralization in the Middle Devonian Tabberabberan orogeny. This is the same age mineralization as Fostervillle and elsewhere within the central Melbourne zone.
- The known extent of Cohen’s Reef is approximately 1500 metres long and 1134 metres deep, along the valley of the township of Walhalla.
- The extensive and continuous reef is predominantly a laminated quartz-carbonate vein with some associated stockwork veins, and in places incorporates sheared dyke and meta-sedimentary rocks.
- The reverse fault lies along the margin of an extensive but narrow dyke, within a complex fifty-metre-wide shear zone. Gold mineralization is mainly in laminated quartz veins in the reverse faults, associated with pyrite, arsenopyrite, galena and stibnite.
- Pyrite alteration envelopes extend to 10m into the host rocks, while more abundant arsenopyrite extend 2m.
WALHALLA HISTORICAL PRODUCTION
- Historical production along Cohen’s Reef concentrated on visible gold within the laminated reef system.
- Recent assay results have highlighted the increased levels of visible gold, and the presence of disseminated gold, especially along dyke margins.
- The ten highest hold assay results (5-12 g/t) from recent drilling in proximity to Cohen’s Reef are found in laminated veins within or on the margins of dyke; or in laminated or brecciated veins within meta-sedimentary rock, predominantly shale (Goldstar, 2007).
- Historic mine plans indicate mineralization at Cohen’s Reef remains open at depth
WALHALLA BELT – ENOCH’S POINT
- The Enoch’s Point license is composed of intrusion related Au-Sb-As prospects in the west and central part and epizonal Au-As-Sb prospects in the eastern part.
- An extensive granitic ring dyke surrounds the Cerberean Cauldron intrusion complex, with Au-Sb-As mineralization found along its length or nearby. This ring dyke includes the gold prospects of Wild Dog, Lyre Bird and the Cambarville Group of gold in soil anomalies.
- In the east the epizonal prospects include Londonderry, Knowles, Stadz, Luck’s All and True Blue among others, that form part of the Wood’s Point – Walhalla Mineralized Belt.
- At Londonderry prospect, 17 rock chips average 12.7 g/t Au over a strike length of 1250 meters, with a maximum of 179 g/t Au. Access drill permit application has been lodged.
WALHALLA BELT – ENOCH’S POINT – CAMBARVILLE PROSPECT
- The Cambarville Prospect occurs in the southwest corner of the Enoch’s Point license
- The prospect area is associated with a granitic ring dyke which circles the Cerberean Cauldron Intrusion Complex and gold mineralization is spatially associated with this ring dyke.
- A previous stream sediment survey & a soil sample grid were carried out by BHP, which identified numerous gold anomalies as illustrated in the adjacent figure.
- Southwest of Cambarville in alienated land is the Victorian Mt Morgan prospect which is a gold mineralized breccia pipe.
- FSX is exploring the Cambarville area for further intrusion related breccia pipes similar to Vic Mt Morgan prospect.
WALHALLA BELT – PINNACLES
- The Pinnacles Prospect occurs 23km north of Walhalla within the Walhalla Gold Belt & is held within EL007307 granted recently on 21/10/2022.
- The prospect area is dominated by the Pinnacles – Golden Lily gold mineralized fault zone with a strike length of 5km and a series of old gold workings throughout its length.
- Previous soil sampling by Intrepid Mining had two traverses yielding >100ppb assays over across strike lengths of 160-180 meters & a peak of 868 ppb (0.86 g/t) Au. No follow up exploration was conducted.
- FSX is currently repeating this sampling and carrying out a number of similar traverses aimed at testing the Pinnacles structure as per the proposed sample sites shown.